Re: Spam Revolt - Botnet Protection

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by m00nbl00d, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Unfortunately, I was unable to reply to ab older thread, with the name name, I started last year, so I'm opening this one to mention that there's a free version available. In case someone is interested.

-http://www.botrevolt.com/BotRevolt_Malware_Protection_Free_1.3.exe

I find interesting that at their website they mention that (not sure about the free version) It monitors program installation, registry and file changes, keyboard and mouse code control, and other potentially dangerous behaviors.

:blink:

Source: -http://www.botrevolt.com/Botnet-Protection.php

2. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  3. m00nbl00d

No. From what I read at the website, it still does that, but the intriguing part is how it manages to monitor system changes? o_O Does it work like a behavior blocker as well? o_O

I got no way to test it out, but if someone has a testing system, it would be interesting to know how it manages to do that.

4. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I'm wondering about that too. I thought it's HIPS but looking at the screenshots it doesn't have any options for that.

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Has a 2 way firewall.
    Interesting looking program.

Hope somebody tests this and gives us some feedback.

6. Make a image snapshot, disable AppLocker, install program, test, put image back, sounds like a fun project to automate with PowerScript :p

7. m00nbl00d

You did not!! :eek: :eek: I had it coming I suppose. ;)

Unfortunately, I got no hdd/other where to create such an image any time soon. Yes, it's sad, I haven't created any images in a long time. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.