Re: ID Blaster & M$ updates

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by TTeverywhere, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTeverywhere

TTeverywhere Registered Member

Greeetings :)

1st, I did read through this topic/sticky: "ID-Blaster Plus v2.0 is released!" but didn't see a clear answer to the following:

On the assumption that M$ requires/utilizes one's ID in order to determine what upgrades/patches/fixes are needed, how does install and use of ID Blaster affect one's ability to function correctly in getting M$ patches, etc.?

One other question occurred to me:

Does IDBlaster need to run at start-up, or are the randomized IDs static once IDBlaster has randomized them? I have a real problem w/resources (old, slow machine) and so I run the actual start-up as leanly as possible.

TIA for your answers :D
    m

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You're in luck - MS doesn't use any ID numbers that ID-Blaster Plus randomizes by default to determine what upgrades/patches/fixes/etc. are needed. So ID-Blaster should not cause any issues in this regard.

ID-Blaster needs to run at startup (if it isn't the randomized IDs will stay static, as you guessed). You can minimize ID-Blaster Plus to the system tray, and set it to randomize at intervals. (And it uses little memory.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

How's about the idea to have IDB save all the original ID #'s automatically within the IDB folder itself? So that there's no chance of forgetting to write them all down, hmmm? Pete

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

It is being worked on. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.