Re: ID Blaster & M$ updates

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by TTeverywhere, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTeverywhere

TTeverywhere Registered Member

Greeetings :)

1st, I did read through this topic/sticky: "ID-Blaster Plus v2.0 is released!" but didn't see a clear answer to the following:

On the assumption that M$ requires/utilizes one's ID in order to determine what upgrades/patches/fixes are needed, how does install and use of ID Blaster affect one's ability to function correctly in getting M$ patches, etc.?

One other question occurred to me:

Does IDBlaster need to run at start-up, or are the randomized IDs static once IDBlaster has randomized them? I have a real problem w/resources (old, slow machine) and so I run the actual start-up as leanly as possible.

TIA for your answers :D
    m

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You're in luck - MS doesn't use any ID numbers that ID-Blaster Plus randomizes by default to determine what upgrades/patches/fixes/etc. are needed. So ID-Blaster should not cause any issues in this regard.

ID-Blaster needs to run at startup (if it isn't the randomized IDs will stay static, as you guessed). You can minimize ID-Blaster Plus to the system tray, and set it to randomize at intervals. (And it uses little memory.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

How's about the idea to have IDB save all the original ID #'s automatically within the IDB folder itself? So that there's no chance of forgetting to write them all down, hmmm? Pete

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

It is being worked on. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.