Razor-qt

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Beavenburt, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

This looks very promising indeed. I'm definatley going to give this a go when I've got the time. KDE on steroids?

http://razor-qt.org/

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

3. Beavenburt

4. noons

noons Registered Member

This looks awesome. I think this is what I have been craving this whole time....

5. Beavenburt

It is awesome noons. A bit rough round the edges perhaps but with huge potential. It reminds me of lxde but written in qt. Combine with openbox and qt/kde apps and it's a joy.

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Your future desktop? Maybe, maybe not. Here's a short review and tour of the Razor-qt desktop environment based on Qt technologies, with repository setup and installation instructions on Fedora 16, desktop overview, edit mode, configurations & settings, and issues like theme inconsistencies, order and look of desktop elements, natural UI flow, crashes, and more.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/razor-qt.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

7. Beavenburt

A fair review I think. I've not experienced the crashes myself, however I do agree on the theming inconsistancies etc. One must remember this is alpha software so can only improve.

I've been messing around with Trinity on debian for the last couple of weeks and it really amazes me how light and quick kde3 is/was. I think if razorqt matures maybe it might fill that gap left by kde3 on older hardware where kde4 is a little too heavy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.