Raxco perfectdisk 8.0 win xp problem

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by cruser921, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruser921

cruser921 Registered Member

HI there i can't seam to figure this out but when i do a offline defrag with perfectdisk my usb keyboard will not work with it if i hit ESC to abort it if i need to it dose not respond. any ideas why my usb keboard will not work in that offline defrag screen with this software. i would post in raxco fourms but i belive they don't have any and i did not purches extra suport. and my usb keyboard did not come with drivers its plug in play.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

a) with raxco extra support isn't crap and

b) contact them, they in all llkelihood will help you.

3. cruser921

did not say it was crap lol just ment i did not purches it any ideas why my usb kyb will not function on that screen

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello cruser921. :)

Go to your BIOS, search for an option like 'legacy usb keyboard' or something similar. Check if that's enabled.

Cheers.

5. cruser921

i did that is enabled but still dose not function on that one screen i think i might be able to remady the problem by buying a usb adapter for serial port. but it kinda defeats the purpos of having a usb kyb. any other ideas why it will not work there. thanks for telling me about that area of my bios.

6. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Raxco Forums

Or, contact Raxco via email, as Pete suggested...

You're welcome.

7. cruser921

right on you found a fourm for them thank you so much i tried suport but they just told me same thing as you just not were it was lol.

8. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I won't say "you're welcome" this time, I would rather like a favor in return from you. :D This is the favor I ask:

If you find a solution, please post back here with it. Someone else may look for a solution for the same problem on this thread, so I would like to see the thread complete and the issue resolved.

Thanks in advance,

9. cruser921

will do if i find one will post it back here thanks

10. gregshayes

gregshayes Registered Member

If you tell CHKDSKto run at boot time, are you able to prevent CHKDSK from running? PD uses the same mechanism as CHKDSK to see if the keyboard driver is present (loaded) during the point in the boot process where both CHKDSK and PDBoot runs (BootExecute). For safety reasons, if PD can't detect that a keyboard driver has been loaded, it will NOT perform the boot time defrag pass (ESC allows you to safely stop the boot time defrag process). If CHKDSK isn't able to detect a keyboard, PD won't either.

There is a registry key that you can create that will tell PDBoot to go ahead and perform the boot time defrag even if no keyboard is present. However, if you do this, then ONLY way to stop the PDBoot process will be to power off/reset your computer - which is never a good thing to do. If you are interested in this registry key, please let Raxco Support know - http://www.raxco.com/suppport.

- Greg/Raxco Software
    Microsoft MVP - Windows File Systems

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Greg

Welcome to Wilders. Good to see you here.

Pete

12. cruser921

will check that out thanks greg and will post back here

13. cruser921

ok i can ESC out of chkdsk/f comand it functions on that screen but not on perfectdisk one any other ideas here. i should not i'm working on a friends computer not mine. so any help in getting this up and runing for me would be great.

14. cruser921

to add more to this i just notest keyboard is on. on that screen just perfectdisk will not respond to it any ideas on this or thoughts.

15. cruser921

the remady do not use off brand usb keyboards like the one names saitek perfectdisk dosent like it however chkdsk dose not sure on that one no clue stumped but i got him up and runing with a ps2 keyboard and all is well know. thanks all for the help problem solved.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.