Rate Detection Avira PE vs Dr.Web 4.33

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larouse, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Yes, totally true.

The main problem is that unexperienced users may tend to panic because they only see alarm signal, this should be considered. A big hint like this: "could be harmless software too" would be useful for such people to prevent paranoia.

It´s interesting to see the topic of the thread, because Avira and DrWeb actually tends to most false positives of all AVs what I could experience.

To your point b) : What if the author releases every 2 days new versions of the false positive? He would be forced to send each new release to the av vendor this can´t be the way it should be.

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

It happens: Link
    Each release of Troyan Explore triggers an FP from Dr. Web
    Off topic:
    You don´t need to patch tcp.sys for better P2P performance. The limit in the number of connections doesn´t hurt P2P performance and it stops propagation of worms.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thats not true. Try eMule with 8 half open connections and with 100. It's far from the "same". Torrents can work with 8, but ED2K can't.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

speaking of "Off topic"....one post removed and suggest PM for further discussion or create a thread for such discussion.

Back to "Avira PE vs Dr.Web" discussion Please.

Thanks,
    Bubba

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think they are pretty equal.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

numerous ot posts removed.

As requested earlier....discuss the topic("Avira PE vs Dr.Web") , not the people who are participating in the discussion...

Bubba

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i still think avira wins the battle here in terms of detection, but i dont think its by as much as "av comparatives" suggests, not at all.

and i dont think drweb is as poor in detection as some people will say, plus there will always be maware which the dr detects that avira does not.

with dr.web updates coming, with a few more betas planned etc, im excited about the prospect of dr.web in the next 6 months or so, to see how it compares to other leading detection-rate avs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2007
  8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yes but there is also some malware that the dr will miss and avira will get.
    theres just how the game works:D
    sometimes there wil be malware that kasperslky will miss that the dr will catch.
    its impossible to catch everything.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.