Rat.Rads.Gen infction

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jim C, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim C

Jim C Guest

All,

I've got this little bleeder on my system. Removing the file with either TDS, Taskmanager or Process Explorer (gawd bless sysinternals) simply causes a child process to be invoked before closing down the original trojan process.

Does anyone have any good tips on how to get rid of this nasty nasty bit of malware?

Thanks

Jim

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jim, Try removing it in Safe Mode.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Send a copy to submit@diamondcs.com.au if the filescanner doesn't detect it, must be new. Then delete all detected files (possibly in Safe Mode) when we update tomorrow

Manual removal right now, you may be able to manually find them all, probably random names 2 different filesizes probably one 220kb the other 430kb, all will be exactly the same size in bytes and one or more will be autostarted from the registry :)

4. Jim C

Jim C Guest

Cheers Guys.

I will try to capture one of them and send it across and also try to remove in safe mode - & thanks for the swift reply

Jim

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Submit all your finds, don't hold back by no means, Gavin is very grateful as ever, with the largest database on internet in TDS already and who knows how many more surprises to be added for us in near future :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.