RAID Drivers? TI 11.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MichaelNA, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelNA

MichaelNA Registered Member

Hello all,

Does True Image 11 put Intel SATA RAID drivers on its bootable recovery media?

Because when I try to use the CD it apparently can't find the RAID stripe because it says "Acronis Loader: No Configuration files present."

I assume the configuration files are something the Acronis software puts on the hard disk when you install from within windows.

If that's the case then it can't find the configuration files because it can't see the RAID array?

I'm sure this problem has been gone over many times before since a lot of people enjoy RAID, but I would assume the most common Intel SATA RAID drivers, which the machine is using, are included on version 11 of True Image?

So I guess my real questions are...

Is there a way to slipstream the drivers from within Acronis' True Image application?

Does anybody have a bootable TI iso with RAID drivers included? Perhaps TI 2009 has them, and I should upgrade?

Does anyone know of any other reason why the TI CD media would say No configuration files are present?

Thanks for your time and any advice you can offer!

2. MichaelNA

MichaelNA Registered Member

Update, 20 minutes later, lol.

I did solve the problem by using a BartPE environment with the correct RAID drivers, although it's not at all what I wanted to do.

It wastes more time and defeats the entire purpose of the ability of the application to burn the boot media.

I'm just really surprised the stand-alone acronis boot disc didn't recognize the RAID array? Is there a list of recognized RAID chipsets in ATI 11 I can view somewhere? For sure the Intel ICH line is included? By the way, the software is up to date, build 8,101.

Anyway, I'm sure it's included in ATI 2009 and it would of saved me a lot of trouble using it instead.

True Image is excellent, when it actually recognizes what it needs to backup... :p

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI11 worked on some Intel RAIDs and not others -- It didn't work on mine although ATI10 did. ATI 12/2009 worked on several machines that worked only with 10 or 11 but not both.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MichaelNA and shieber,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to include a drivers for exact RAID controller into Acronis Bootable Rescue Media at user's end. However, you may contact us via livechat service with the detailed description of the situation and we will give you some special ISO file which may help to recognize RAID controllers.

Regarding to your case, MichaelNA, "No Configuration file present" message does not mean lack of drivers for your controller in the CD you created.
    First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available here. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.

Please also try to recreate a CD and check if the issue persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.