RAID 0 not recognized with HDM 9 in recovery mode

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Wigman, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wigman

Wigman Registered Member

Hello again! Thank's for the help last time...
    I have a new pc I built and I bought HDM 9 but it doesn't recognize my RAID 0configuration when I boot the program outside of windows using the Paragon PE recovery disk. It recognizes my single drives and esata drive when in recovery mode. It sees the array when I launch from inside windows but when I launch the pe recovery disc the array doesn't show up at all. I played with the program alot and read all through the manual but I don't know what's wrong.
    I tried the option where the recovery program lets you load drivers and it says it loaded them successfully but still doesn't show. I have to load drivers every time I use the windows recovery disk and I've done it several times this week cuz I was trying to copy the 100MB space and the MBR and when I hit restart I have to update the MBR to get my computer to boot back up. In windows If I only copy the OS partition HDM works fine so I'm happy with that for now. But I can't find out a way to make it see my RAID when working outside of windows with the Paragon PE cd.

Thank you!

2. Wigman

Wigman Registered Member

Still trying to get HDM 9 to recognize my RAID 0. I disconnected all other drives and booted the pe recovery disk and load drivers for the RAID with the HDM program. It says "Drivers loaded successfully" but when I try to use most of the options HDM I get the following error.

Operation Failed
    Disk is absent
    Error Source: Hard Disk Manager
    Error Code: 0x11008

Any ideas here?

My MOBO is an MSI 790FX GD70. There's two onboard sata controllers. the primary controller is the SB750 Chipset and I'm wondering if HDM 9 isn't compatible with it for some reason?

Thanks

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I believe the HDM 9 uses WinPE 2.0 so you need to load a Vista 32bit driver for the raid controller, not XP. If a Vista driver is not available for your controller, you have to boot to an XP environment. BartPE is an XP environment you can create with Paragon.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257771

4. Wigman

Wigman Registered Member

I don't know if I understand what your saying exactly.
    I run Win 7/64 bit and load the 64 bit driver for the sata controller. The order/process I did things.. 1) Purchased HDM 9 and log in to "my downloads" and use the "Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite - WinPE based Recovery CD Image (English)". I use this disk to boot and go to advanced options and load 64 bit sata drivers. Does that sound like the correct procedure? Or are you saying the boot disk isn't 64 bit compatible?

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The boot disc uses 32 bit WinPE 2.0

Not sure if that has any bearing.

6. Wigman

Wigman Registered Member

Everything I've read (so far) about Windows PE 2.0 say's it work's for Vista 32/64 bit. Don't know anything else beyond that.

7. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

The PE 2.0 disk is a Windows Vista 32 bit environment, meaning it is running the Windows Vista 32 bit kernel. This means that to access the raid from the WinPE 2.0 disk, you need to load the Vista 32 bit driver for your raid controller, the procedure you mentioned earlier is exactly correct, however please make sure you are using the correct(32-bit vista) driver.

Hope this clarifies things a little bit, let us know how it goes.

8. Wigman

Wigman Registered Member

Ahh I see what your sayin.. I'll give that a shot. Thank's for the reply!

9. Wigman

Wigman Registered Member

Matt,
    Wow! Thank's for the VERY clear response. That was perfectly understandable.. Sometimes things need to be spelled out in layman terms for us noobs so we can learn. I did read the manual 1.5 times though.. HDM 9 now sees my RAID!!
    Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.