RA Console

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by buttollo, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buttollo

buttollo Registered Member

Hello,

I have a problem for one of my bigest clients...
    I've installed RA Console on a Windows XP and I want to make packets for windows2000/xp stations.I've edited the configuration for them and I put the packet on the server.
    I copy the packet from the server and when I run the packet from my clients it doesn't install
    I get no errors, it just doesn't install .I've tried with all possible accounts (Administrator, user), I've configured with system account, curently logged user, and so on and also I've tried with the option for windows XP - Use Simple File Sharing - on/off.

Any others ideas

Thank you very much

2. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

There's a few things that I can think.

1. There's a NOD32 installer log file on the root of c, that you can make take a look at and check for errors.
    2. This might be a stupid question, and please don't take offense to it. Do you have it set to no ICON on the desktop and/or splash screen? Did you try rebooting?

3. buttollo

buttollo Registered Member

Thanks for your answer:
    It still doesn't working
    Here's what I get in my .log:

[2004-07-01 09:19:27.078] Status 1: NOD32 Installer is preparing to install.
    [2004-07-01 09:19:27.078] Status 1: NOD32 Installer is trying to connect to '192.168.0.8:2224'.
    [2004-07-01 09:19:27.078] Status 1: NOD32 Installer is sending installation request.
    [2004-07-01 09:19:27.234] Status 2001: Could not install NOD32 Installer onto target computer (SC error code 11, GLE error code 1726)

What could be?

Thanks

4. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I believe that this is a remote procedure call error message. Are you able to open up to the computer? \\computer_name\C$

5. martinsk

martinsk Guest

Do you solve this problem I vave got the same prob ...
    Martin ...

6. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Just a couple of guesses:
    1. Is the server service running on the clients?
    2. Remote registry editing turned on?
    3. Admin rights being used for installation on NT+ machines?

Sorry if I can't help, we do our deployments via login script and managed installation software.

7. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I also have seen these error messages. Make sure RPC is not turned off via policies and that the service is running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.