Questions on B&R 10 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by diskjockey, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diskjockey

diskjockey Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using Win7 x64. I had been test-driving DB 9.5 for a while, waiting for DB 10. Currently I'm using B&R 10 Free Edition temporarily. I'm interested now in buying a license of the new B&R 10 Suite.

I found the Paragon product range a bit confusing recently.

My questions are:

(1) Am I correct that DB 10 won't come, and it's B&R 10 Suite I should go for?
    (I expected I would find the successor of DB 9 announced here with big fanfare, and I'm a bit confused that I don't see that.)

(2) Main question: I searched through the Paragon websites, but couldn't find this info: what's the list of feature differences between the Free Edition and the Suite? I'd like to get a glimpse of the benefit for the money.

(3) I'm living in Germany but would prefer to use the English version of the Suite. Does it matter from which Paragon website I buy my license? Can I buy from the German site and use the English program version nevertheless?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Diskjockey,

1. Backup & Recovery 10 Suite is the successor for Drive Backup 9 Professional. It offers more features than the Drive Backup 9 Professional and improved performance.

2. http://www.paragon-software.com/home/brs/comparison.html

3. At Checkout, make sure the product description says the language you want. Otherwise change the Language preference on the website before you add it to the shopping cart.

3. diskjockey

Thanks, Paragon_Tommy

I already found the webpage you linked to, but this does not contain a comparison between B&R 10 Free and B&R 10 Suite. That's what I'm looking for.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Sorry about that. It looks like we don't have one yet. I'm sure the web team will update this soon. If you have any specific questions regarding which features you need or what functionality you want to be able to do, I can help answer that.

5. diskjockey

Thanks again!

But I now decided to just jump in onto it and purchased the license now.

There was an error in that process (you might want to inform Paragon about that): I used the US website (the English product version was not available on the German site). At the end of the process I was presented with 3 download buttons, one for the 32bit version, one for the 64bit version, and one for the WinPE CD. I downloaded all three. But it turned out that the first two files were identical (I did a binary compare). Both were 32bit and refused to install on my x64 system.

But later I got the login data for my account page on their website, and the download links there were correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.