Questions before switching AV

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tepe2, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Tired of Norman. Want new NOD32 2.7. Have some questions, some probably posted before:

1. Live in Norway, but want English version. Would be best for me to download from Eset.com right? Any difference?

2. I want 30 day trial first, do I have to uninstall this before I install the paid version?

3. If I install trial with BS-settings, do I have to work through this settings over again when installing paid version?

4. Any issue with several user accounts? I have three, one is admin.

5. Any known conflict with other security programs (not FW, I have windows FW) Spysweeper or Counterspy real time protection?

6. Any known issue with other common programs? Maybe a list somewhere?

7. Has NOD32 2.7 an easy/userfriendly way to submit files to ESET? (Read somewhere that KAV has).

Looking forward to try NOD. Will probably download as soon as I have time to install with BS-settings. Hope NOD has fewer false positive than Norman.

Thank you so much:)

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

no
    no.

just keep in mind that under limited accounts u cannot change settings, and when u run an on-demand scan u may see some MBR errors (it shouldnt cause any issues at least i dont think so).
    i dont know of any conflicts
    u can submit files to samples@eset.com

3. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

1. You could use the Slovak version if you wanted to, it's all up to you what you wanna use ;)

5. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hey,

yes, sure, it has.

You can simply add a new file, which is suspicious or you simply want to send to Eset, to the quarantine, after that, right click on the entry in the quarantine and select "submit file for analyses" (or such..).

Then you have to enter an description and optional your email address (for feedback, etc.)

All other questions are already answered :)

Btw. I don't like the way to manually create a new email and attach the file, which you want to send to eset or any other company, like KAV it does with newvirus@kaspersky.com (or such..). :cautious: :blink: :ninja:

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

PS: I like this user friendly way of submitting files to Eset, because you don't need an email application installed for that, because Eset implemented their own transfering algorithm/protocol into NOD32.. :D :D :thumb:
    (I think in combination with ThreatSense..)

6. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

This was very helpful.

Thanks to all of you:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.