questions about kerio fw

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by WSFuser, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

is it application based like zonealarm or rule-based like looknstop?
    if its rule-based are there presets or files to import or do all appication rules have to be made from scratch?
    is it good for p2p?
    any feedback is appreciated.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It can be run as a simple app based firewall much like ZA, or it can also be run as a rule based firewall like Kerio 2, even importing Kerio 2 rule sets etc. Depends on how you like it. If you run it like ZA, out of the box, there are some "predefined" rules to handle most situations. So you can get as simple or as complicated with it as you desire.

Don't know how it performs on p2p though. I do seem to remember some people saying it bogs a little on heavy multiple connections, but that may be something they have addressed and fixed by now, not sure. Maybe someone else can comment on that aspect of things..

3. donsan

donsan Registered Member

works great with emule

4. Kerio 4.2.2 is very good , the only one problem comes when using a p2p (e-mule): it freezes if I try to open the GUI from the task bar, and I have to wait about a minute. And it is not a memory problem of my pc because I have 512mb.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well after trialing kerio for 10 min, i reverted to a previous image. kerio was memory hungry and i didnt rele like the gui/alerts. it did well in online tests tho, much better than when i tried an earlier build of kerio 4.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.