Question.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Joliet Jake, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Hi,

I've started using Returnil (company blurb- Using powerful virtualization technology that clones your System Partition in RAM, Returnil offers your users the ability to recover from harmful or unwanted changes with a simple reboot of the computer).

I'd like to know what ESET files and folders to add to the Returnil File Manager in order to ensure that definition and program updates are applied as soon as they are available.

Thanks.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

wouldnt it be c:program files of Eset. Something like that. I would add the whole Eset folde.

3. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I thought that but wondered if there was another folder elsewhere. I'll try it out though.

Thanks.

4. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Don't know if the thread is too old for you to pick up but I'll start here and post something new if required. I've used NOD32 in the past and was always pleased with it's detection rates but none too convinced whith it's clean up capabilities (just my experience, don't need to be told how wrong I am).

I moved off to KAV which to be honest is not any better. I then heard of Returnil and liked the idea as it removes completly anything that gets in. I bought it so I could use the file manager to update signature bases in KAV. This proved difficult as the files somtimes would not copy as they were in use. I then moved the signature files to another drive but the last update info is a registry enrty which can't be copied by Returnil file manager (found out thanks to Lucian Berra at KF). As a result the bases and last update info don't match so it constantly tells me my signature database is corrupt.

If this works or you have found another way to keep the definitions up to date with NOD32 I'd definately consider moving back. If not I think I'm going to take the plunge and use a non-signature based behaviour blocker/HIPs type product instead in the knowledge that anything that gets in won't be allowed to execute and will be cleaned at the next reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.