Question to the users of ESET

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

It seems all the complaints i've been hearing about ESET is with their Security Suite. Is anyone having problems with NOD 32 AV 4? I used NOD 32 since NOD 32 V 2.0. I tried NOD 32 3.0, but liked 2.7 better. How is NOD 32 V 4 holding up? Is there still a lot of bugs to be ironed out? Just interested in hearing about the AV; not the security suite.

2. cryon

cryon Registered Member

Well, I can't say about the others but I'm using v2.7, upgraded to v3.0 and now v4.0. So far, no complains on their software and I like their SysRescue Tools. Most of the time I use the AV for remote scanning to multiple computers and so far it hasn't failed me yet.

As long as it's compatible to my apps below, I am a happy user :D
    a. Threatfire
    b. AdMuncher
    c. Outpost Pro

3. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

I´m using NOD32 v4 + Outpost Firewall Pro 2009. No problem at all.

I liked a lot the new NOD32 interface, I know it has not changed too much from v3, but what changed, changed right.

Waiting for the new av-comparatives on-demand test to see if detection rate improved. I hope so, because I was disappointed with nod32 detection rate on last on-demand test.

4. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

I tried NOD v4 with Comodo 3.8 and there is a conflict which causes some pages to load slowly, especially in Internet Explorer. I tried this on 2 machines, both running Vista 32bit, and no amount of settings adjustment could restore the speed that I had with NOD v3 and Comodo 3.8.

I'm now on NOD v4 and Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 and this seems a happy combo. Outpost recognises NOD and disables spyware components so they don't conflict with NOD, which I thought was a good idea.

Only one problem remains on my set up that I am aware of (fingers crossed). This is the slow completion of downloads of 7-zip files, which ESET are aware of and they are apparently working on a fix.

5. RAD

RAD Registered Member

My tryout of NOD 32 AV Ver. 4 was completely unsucccessfully.

You can search down for my previous posts. It seems like it must be bugs in NOD32, since none of my other software causes problems, and the probs disappeared when I uninstalled it.

As a new, trial user, I wasn't really motivated to do a lot of diagnosing. I just went back to using AVG, which had not been giving any problems.

6. IvanFraser

IvanFraser Registered Member

I've been using v.4 alongside Zonealarm Pro for over a week now. No issues at all.

Have just updated ZAP to the latest build, and have not seen any problems today.

Have run NOD32 since version 2 alongside Zonealarm and - aside from a period when ZAP was buggy, a year or so ago, when I used the free ZA for a while - I have remained infection free for years, with no performance problems.

I did try ESS 3 and liked it, right up to the point where I was getting BSODs with Outlook when sending and receiving from my web-based server. Went back to ZAP and NOD32 v.3 at that stage.

I might try ESS again when my ZAP comes towards the end of its registration; but to be fair, I do like the idea of running ZAP with its own antispyware capabilities alongside NOD32.

Running XP SP3.

7. bradtech

bradtech Guest

I've not had any problems thus far in my migration from 3.0 to 4.0 AV clients..

8. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I've had some problems with the antivirus, like the items in Start Menu showing slower, etc, mostly due to having the advanced settings enabled, but, the update that occurred today to the modules, seemed to make it work just fine!

:)

The desktop even loads faster!!

Never mind. It was just a brief moment. For some reason, after rebooting it got faster, but now, went back to "normality".

Regards

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  9. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I'm trialling ESS 4. Maybe opening IE browser is a tad slower. Maybe. Apart from that it gets a thumbs up.

10. Togg

Togg Registered Member

No problems with NOD32 V 4 on XP Home SP2 and Comodo firewall 3.8.65951.477.

11. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

No issues here running NOD32 AV V4 Business. Had a minor glitch a few weeks ago, other than that, it has been a smooth transition.

12. piranha

piranha Registered Member

Still use v2.7 but it is because my pc is too old. I install v4 on buddy pc with no problem.

In the last av-comparatives.org test (February 2009), NOD32 v3.0.684 is classified Advanced Plus (the highest award) with 3 others AV out of 17.

Congratulastions Eset !!!!

AVG is only classified Standard.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_report21.pdf

13. Isurus

Isurus Registered Member

Mixed experience. I own two licences (home edition), one on my desktop and one for my notebook. Upgraded from V3 to V4 on the desktop (Vista32 SP1 Home Premium) without glitches. On the notebook (Vista32 SP1 Buseinss), after upgrading, explorer.exe keeps hanging after resuming from standby, curable only by a hard reset. Can't call up task manager so can't see what process is hanging.

14. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

A few posters in the ESS section report that they are having a problem with the ESS V4 AV part of the suite not allowing connecting to the internet, when they disable the AV (Nod32) they get back online.

I moved from V4 ESS to VR NOD32, however those reports made me think that I was having a problem SOMETIMES with connectivity, I disabled the firewall and I got into blocked sites. However, some sites that were blocked continued not to work.
    The AV may also caused my blocks.

I can't look into that because I have returned to Outpost 2009 and NOD32 V4, but I haven't had any problems with this setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.