Question on Capsule

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by pkgonbr, Nov 10, 2013.

1. pkgonbr

pkgonbr Registered Member

I am using Paragon Backup & Recovery Compact 12. I could not make a Capsule in the external hard drive (passport) in Windows 8. Could somebody advise ? Thanks.

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

Why? The external hard drive (passport) is not in the proposed list to create a capsule or something else?

3. pkgonbr

Hi Fireworker,

I configured the external hard drive (Passport) with Capsule in Windows 8. It said ok to restart, but when restarting it said error and disk absent. Then, it booted to windows Start Menu. Don't know why and hope somebody can advise ?

4. fireworker

Passport is GPT style maybe?

5. pkgonbr

The Windows 8 Hard Drive is GPT, but the external drive (Passport) is MBR.
    Don't know why ?

6. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Just as a point, I believe you are using a Paragon software version which doesn't support Windows 8, I would recommend upgrading to a move recent edition. Also, the backup capsule does not support GPT configuration currently.

7. fireworker

With the mbr external drive, I have done very well, in a couple of minutes. Just checked, no reboot is required
    remove .txt and an7zipped please
    I don't know why reboot needed

Attached Files:

8. pkgonbr

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your advice. Could you please advise where to get the recent software and what build is that ?

9. pkgonbr

Hi Fireworker,

I admire your smooth using external drive with Capsule. Could you tell me what Paragon software you are using and in what operating system runs ?

10. fireworker

I think it's not that. My hypothesis - some process (of your Windows or application such as antivirus) holds the disc under constant review. This process does not allow Paragon to get exclusive access to the drive. Paragon asks the Windows reboot, hoping to catch the first. But not, perhaps the same process is already here.

11. pkgonbr

Hi Fireworker,

The process was not windows asked to re-boot. The Paragon Backup and Recovery Capsule was proceeding to ask restarting the windows 8.

12. fireworker

Hi pkgonbr,

The Paragon Backup and Recovery Capsule was proceeding to ask restarting the windows 8. because the unknown process, not allowing Paragon exclusive access to the disk.
    -------------------------------------
    I tried it with Paragon Backup & Recovery 11 Pro in Windows 8.1. All the same, two minutes, does not require a reboot.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  13. pkgonbr

Hi Fireworker,

Yes, you could be right. The unknown process blocks the Capsule working in Windows 8. Couldn't figure out what process is doing that.

14. Paragon_Chris

Paragon_Chris Paragon Moderator

The new version of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 will fully support Windows 8.1 and GPT/uEFI including backup capsules for Win8.1 GPT/uEFI configurations. This should be released in a few days time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.