Question: Not Security Related

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rbw91, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbw91

rbw91 Registered Member

This is really doing my head in.

I click on a link in internet explorer and it opens up in a separate window. That's absolutley fine and no problem there.

However it opens up in a new window the size of a postage stamp and I need to drag the window to be larger or maximise it.

Is there any way of setting explorer to open new windows in a maximised format?

Just a minor frustration apart from anything else.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I gleamed this tip from Smartcomputing.com. I have not tried it myself, good luck.

When you click a link in Internet Explorer, the new page may sometimes load in a separate, smaller window. To change the default placement of this window, close IE if it is running. Launch IE and press ALT-Spacebar to open the System Menu. If the window is maximized, click Restore. The size and placement of the window shows where any secondary windows will load. Move the window to the desired position. If you want primary pages maximized, press ALT-Spacebar and click Maximize. Close IE to save the changes. Next time you launch IE, secondary windows should load in the correct position.

Acadia

3. rbw91

rbw91 Registered Member

That seems to have done the trick Acadia.

Thankyou very much indeed.

Kind regards

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Your welcome! It's nice, for once, to actually able to help someone!

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.