Question about Winamp

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rasheed187, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have a problem, since the latest few versions, Winamp doesn´t take focus when I open a .mp3 file. Do you all have the same behaviour, or is something wrong with my system?

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

I'm not certain what you mean by "Winamp doesn´t take focus". Is it that when you double-click on an MP3 file Winamp does not launch and play the file? If so you must change the file association settings on your system. There are several ways to do it, but I think the easiest is to make the change through Winamp's options.

3. Rasheed187

Sorry, I should have been more clear, what I mean is, Winamp will of course play the file, but the window will not show up, I will have to launch it from the taskbar. Did nobody notice this? In older versions, the Winamp window showed up whenever you launched a file.

4. SinisterSam

SinisterSam Registered Member

sounds peeeerfect to me. why u want winamp to interrupt u with window? start in taskbar is great imho. i perfer foobar anyway. i like minimalistic. not that winamp aint cool i luv xmms in linux which is based off winamp. my dad & mum use linux. its just ok to me but they make me learn it. i dont really liek hacking configing files to make things work. my dad is really good though and he teach me lots. :)

check settings or ask @ http://forums.winamp.com/ . sorry if my language is poor. im just young. no diss-respect. ;-) :)

bestests regards.

sammy

5. Rasheed187

What if you want to quickly seek inside those music files? And besides, if the window shows up it´s no problem since it disappears as soon as you click on the screen. ;)

6. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Did you look in 'Options' 'Preferences" and check the 'General Preferences'. There is the option to either show WinAmp in the taskbar or system tray. I can't help much because all the settings WinAmp has really gets me confused.

7. Rasheed187

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.