Question about using MVPS Hosts for the first time.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tom111, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Tom111

Tom111 Registered Member

Hi,

I recently stumbled upon MVPS hosts and noticed that it's a nice alternative to the immunization of Spybot Search and Destroy's one (which I find out that it's not so up-to-date anymore to the better alternatives, like MVPS).

But my question is as follows: if I'm going to use MVPS do I need to do an undo first in Spybot S&D immunization before installing MVPS?

Like in this example picture below, so that's everything back to zero (on the 'protected' row)?:

Immu_Check_System.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Tom111

Tom111 Registered Member

Anyone? I'd would really appreciate an answer.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

No, it will overwrite part of Spybot's immunization though. Then you have to re-apply it.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

SpyBot S&D's Hosts file is packed with parked domains and should not be used.

I've been apologizing to Patrick Kolla about having said these words for years now.

Use MVPS (or) the other - not recommended. I'm not sure if you require to undo the immunity bits to have a good Hosts file work while running SpyBot S&D.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.