question about trueimage and networking

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by schooltechnical, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schooltechnical

schooltechnical Registered Member

hi, apologies if this is a naive question. Basically, i have a windows 2003 server and about 50 identical winxp clients. When i install software, i am having to install it individually on every machine, whereas I would much prefer to image one machine with the all the software/settings and then roll this image out to all of the clients. This is possible with Ghost i know, but i was wondering if one can achieve this with Truimage? (i find Ghost difficult to use)
    thanks
    try and have a good day everyone,

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello schooltechnical,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis True Image is unable to restore the image to several computers at once. However, Acronis Snap Deploy will allow you to restore a single image to several computers in the network. Please read system requirements carefully to find out whether you will be able to use this software.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. schooltechnical

schooltechnical Registered Member

what about the well known problem with the SID (after restoring image to all the worstations) ? will snap deploy deal with this particular problem?
    thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello schooltechnical,

The problem of SIDs is overcome in Acronis Snap Deploy. You may either use images of computer that was "sysprepped" (recommended option) or set Acronis Snap Deploy to generate new SID for each computer you deply to.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.