question about Setting up weekly scan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JudasD, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JudasD

JudasD Registered Member

I have a very quick question from reading the extra settings thread from blackspear that i could not find the answer to:

what is the difference between setting up the weekly scan as an external nod32 application versus using the on demand settings? Is the only difference that one is silent and the other is not? Is either one better than the other? Can one be configured to do more than the other?

It seems strange to go through all of the steps in the guide to configure the on demand settings only to setup your weekly scan as an external nod32 application with switches. Is there any benefit to doing this?

Very nice guide BTW. Good going Blackspear! :thumb:

Thanks,
    JD

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well the on-demand settings can be used when u scan individual files too (from context menu). the silence could be teh big difference as i dont know of others.

i personally just run manual scans and not bother with schedules.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

None, both through the Tutorial are set up the same.

In the Tutorial there are 2 scheduled scans available, one will pop up on screen upon running, the Silent scan will not, it runs in the background.

No, both are the same, they use the same switches.

Only if you remove switches from one :D

Sure, if you have teenagers that will not run a manual scan each week, or switch off a scheduled scan if it pops up on screen, then an automated silent scan would be the best for this situation.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.