Question about SATAs...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MilesAway, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesAway

MilesAway Guest

All,
    Used 6, no problem.

Used early builds of 7, no problem.

Later builds of 7, problems w/my Promise SATA RAID running in IDE mode, needed to manually uninstall the drivers/registry settings/etc. and go back to an earlier 7 build, after that, no problems.

Now using 8, build 768, no problems creating images or verifying them, however I have not had a chance to do a test restore.

Is this where folks are having problems w/SATAs, during the restore ?

I am using XPSP2, ASUSP4C800 mobo w/4 Maxtor SATA drives, 2 connected to the SATA controller and 2 connected to the RAID controller configured to run in IDE mode. I basically create images of drive 0 on drive 2 and images of drive 1 on drive 3.

Ideas ? Thoughts ?

2. LXC

LXC Registered Member

I have the same problems, hangs on 'processing' on restore, with TI8 all builds, as I did with TI7 build 627. I am using the SATA Promise 378 on- board chip. Problem reported on 7/28. Acronis tech support responded on the TI7 problem for a while but no response for 2 weeks. Tech support never responded on the TI8 bug report except for auto response.

- LXC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.