Question About Malwarebytes..somebody please help.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sooflymami, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I installed Malwarebytes from their official website and after it downloaded, I double clicked on the waterfox little downloadbox and then run and set it up that way. But after everythings done, I closed it and then I now double clicked on the Malwarebytes icon on the desktop and Windows asked me "Are you sure you want to make changes to this computer?" or said something like that. The thing is I already clicked "Yes" for that same question when double clicking on that program from the Waterfox download box. What should I do? Is it still safe to click "yes" even though I already clicked "yes" before?

2. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Yes that is normal no worries.

3. sooflymami

Oh ok. Is there any way I could disable the cookies on that program when scanning? Also, which option should I choose for PUP for scanning under settings section?

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

We just scanned and found a trojan in the temp files which we removed and sent to quarantine, only problem is its NOT in the quarantine. Is there anyway we can find where it put it since we did see it say deleted and quarantined successfully.

5. KelvinW4

I do not believe MBAM creates cookies when it scans. What I think you mean is that you are asking if you can disable MBAM from scanning cookies. MBAM does not scan cookies. You can leave it as it is for PUP.

6. KelvinW4

Well, I have no idea. It would be a good idea to scan the system again. I believe temp files pose no threat to the system, however.

7. sooflymami

After I put a check next to the threat that was detected, I clicked on quarantine but then it said it has been moved to quarantine and has been deleted successfully. Is there any way it can stay in quarantine and not have the file(s) deleted? I do not want to delete ANY files if there is any FP's. Also, everytime when I click on the Malwarebytes icon on my desktop, Windows always asks me "Are you sure you want to make changes to this computer?" whenever I click on that icon.

8. KelvinW4

It is normal because it requires elevated privileges to run. You can't do that. If you believe it is a false positive, you can always restore it from the quarantine.

9. cheater87

Nothing is in the quarantine. After the scan we hit remove, it said deleting and quarantined and we went to check on it and it was empty, nothing was there. How can we prevent this in the future? Also why wasn't it in quarantine when it SAID it put it there?

10. sooflymami

The problem is it wont let me keep it in quarantine box..after I clicked remove and quarantine, it quarantined it and then deleted it. I couldn't find it under settings in order to keep a file quarantined and not to delete files.

11. KelvinW4

Well, I do not know what happened that :doubt:
    Maybe you can check the logs to see what happened.

12. KelvinW4

There is no such option. If you are sure it is malware delete it. If you are unsure, leave it in the quarantine and look it up, and if it is safe you can always restore from quarantine.

13. cheater87

Here is a pic of the log.

Attached Files:

14. KelvinW4

Yes, I have see that it has been quarantined and deleted successfully. Maybe you can ask the people in Malwarebytes forums, I don't know at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.