Question about Looknstop Rules...

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by dja2k, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I personally use phantom ruleset , but my friend uses the extended ruleset. I have a question though, if he wants to use the phantom ruleset, but doesn't have a router, how does that work since you have to imput the DNS and DHCP rules for it? Should he just stay with the extended, yet where do the CLIENT\SERVER rules for p2p go under the extended ruleset? I imput them before the block all other TCP under the phantom rulesets, is it the same for the extended?

dja2k

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Well, everycomputer uses DNS servers, including those not behind a router ;) . Just go Start->Run-> type in cmd -> then type(without quotes)
    "ipconfig -all"

This will list the DNS servers and whether or not his connection is DHCP.

No clue about the extended ruleset, since I only use looknstop for app control ;) .

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

That is true about the DNS servers, but are they always the same. I don't know about mine, if they change or not, because I let my router handle the DNS servers and I setup a static IP and put my routers IP as DNS server and use my static IP in the DHCP rules.

dja2k

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

alphaultra is right.

though in my situation, my modem has teh DNS addresses. so for the DNS and DHCP rules i just have to put my modem's IP.

i also changed teh DNS/DHCP rules so I only enter one IP. under destination | IP address, i changed "equal or" to "equals".

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Oh now I get it, I have to go into the modem's IP to find the details, got it! Thanks guys for the posts.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.