Question about license agreements.

Discussion in 'EULAlyzer Forum' started by imperium, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperium

imperium Registered Member

I am thinking of installing EULAlzer but have a question. Couldn't an unscrupulous company simply omit certain information regarding adware/spyware in the license agreement or is that against the law?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Although a company certainly could omit certain information from a EULA, the average interest rating of EULAs submitted to our EULA Research Center would seem to indicate that they almost always include it.

(It would certainly seem to be in the best interest of a company to get you to agree in advance to any behavior that might be considered *potentially* objectionable.)

I can't speak for the legal aspects, and obviously the worst of the worst generally don't even show a EULA (i.e. viruses, trojans) because their goal is to evade detection and removal. But in the general case, EULAs do tend to mention potential privacy concerns, third-party installs, advertising, etc.

Which is all the more reason that you probably want to be aware of it. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. imperium

imperium Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, Javacool. I have installed EULAlzer as it certainly comes in handy! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.