Question about Deleting Infected Files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cheerfulkim, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheerfulkim

cheerfulkim Registered Member

Aug 7, 2006
    I just downloaded Nod32 because I have the W32/VB-YY Virus (I guess it's actually a worm) on my computer, and nothing else was working. I put Nod32 on my laptop because I heard Leo Laporte talk about it on our local radio station-KFI and I really like it. So here's my question. I first apologize for my computer illiteracy. Nod32 Antivirus is scanning my files as I type this, and it's up to over 409,000 infected files! I am deleting them one at a time, and I've done about 1000, but this is never going to work! Is there another solution? I would appreciate any help.
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Since there are so many infected files , it seems to be a virus , not a worm.

Anyway , yes , there is a way . You need to setup NOD32 to work automatically instead of asking on every infiltration .

Please , make sure your NOD32 is up-to-date . The latest signature is 1.1694

Then read this tutorial and setup NOD32 for maximum protection and auto working:

Clean your computer with the instructions here:

Give your computer second opinion.Download , install , update and scan in Safe Mode with
    Ad-Aware se Personal
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Nov 22, 2002
    I'd suggest that you drop an email to support @ with a link to this thread, also enclose the exact name of the thread NOD32 has detected on your PC. If possible, attach an example of such a file so that we can analyze it and tell whether it's a virus that has infected a legit file, or the file comprises only of a malicious code.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.