question about backup and sync?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zfactor, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i saw a few users around the net had issues similar to what someone here had where they could not use the sync or backup features properly and jow mentioned it could be due to a lic'ing issue or something like that.

my question is this:

if i can log into my webroot account and go to the sync / backup tab and see i have x amount of x GB used does this mean im good to use it when i decide to? does this mean there are no issues with my lic and using the sync or could there still be a issue when i decide to use it down the line? i am not using it currently but i may at some point and im wanting to be sure i will not have a lic'ing issue or anything similar to what the other poster here had when i decide to or if i do to use it.

so if i can access the web console and go to the tab and see the amount used out of whats available does this mean everything is a okay??

EDIT: man just answering my own questions tonight lol...

just logged in and uploaded a 500mb file to test it and worked perfect. so no issues here everything seems to be working perfectly..

really do like wsa the more time goes on. just installed this on a few relatives pc's today so i will report back if they end up having issues but i doubt it. it just runs great.

thank you webroot / joe

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

Hi,

If you are referring to my issues, then it sounds like you are good to go.

If you open WSA interface on your PC and can see the Backup & Sync options you're fine. Since you have to log in to even see that, you're good in that sense.

The people (I'm not the only one?) having this issue cannot even log in.

And the only people apparently capable of fixing this issue (hopefully) have weekends off, so we're left in the dumps.

Joe is travelling. A lot of good has come from Webroot. A lot of promises of the merger not causing a downfall of Prevx were kept. But one thing that will never be the same again is Joe being like...god...no more "hey this doesn't work" and he fixes it instantly. He is far too busy and travels now for business. I miss available super Joe. :(

Grr I'm so sick of waiting on this issue.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

joe has been awesome for me. i know he just went i believe to austria but i could be wrong if i read right he was going to meet with the av-c people about testing webroot. i honestly believe that if it were not for his trip he would have been here to take care of you. i really think you happened on a issue during a crazy week for him and i know that doesnt make up for it but i honestly think you should give him a chance i have never had the kind of service i have had from him with any other av and this is after the merger so even though he was busy he always helped me out VERY quickly

4. STV0726

Yoi misunderstand my words.

I'm not criticizing Joe. I understand his situation and have come to expect.

I am bit critical that the entire staff of escalation engineers get weekends off. My need to sync files doesn't get weekends off. Plus, they re a security company. Somelne should work the weekend shift.

The only time support is available consistently is when I have college all day. So the result is my issues aren't getting solved.

5. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

They probably do have some on the weekends. They said they don't hand off tickets to follow the sun when it reaches an escalation engineer. Given what the escalation engineers there do, that makes sense. Not just "Tech Support" anymore. So you got an escalation engineer that works M-F US days.

Plus, honestly, unless they are having a metric ton of problems, they probably don't have more than three or four escalation engineers.

6. STV0726

Speaking of "honesty", I'm honestly too tired and angry to be posting right now.

All I will say is...this is getting to the point where if their login system is so fragile, I'm not sure I want to trust any aspect of their software syncing my files.

If they cannot solve this issue for me Tuesday, then I want my licenses downgraded to AntiVirus. If they refuse or say they cannot do that, I assure you, Webroot SecureAnywhere will be off all 5 of the PCs I manage permanently, immediately.

Enough is enough. Can't manage simple login systems. Allows non-admins to allow malware. F me!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  7. justenough

justenough Registered Member

After having a couple of problems with backup and sync (which probably wasn't WSA's fault), I gave it a rest for a couple of weeks and now I'm back to get it sorted out. Getting sync up and running was easy this time, but backup not so much. I see where you choose the file name extension types to backup, but not where to choose which files or folder to backup, even after reading the manual and watching the Webroot backup and sync instructional video. What am I not seeing?

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It will backup all of the files under the C:\Users\* folders based on the file extensions you select. You can choose other folders by editing the filtering options within the Backup folder list.

9. PrevxHelp

Downgrading to AV-only is always an option if needed.

10. PrevxHelp

The difference is that we have a lot more users now, and more complex systems, and therefore need to move at a more measured, methodical pace to ensure we don't cause more problems than we solve. I control the client-side components but take your administrator case as an example: we have to look into the technical side implications of it, the code that will need to change on the agent, and the possibility of a new configuration option which means it has to be added in the administrator console, added in the management structures, localized into 14 different languages and added into help documentation. What may seem like a simple fix involves multiple different systems and many hours of work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.