Query on Active @ Image

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by djg05, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I would appreciate if someone could confirm this for me so that it is not me or my machine not performing correctly.

When you make comments about an image you can enter about 6 lines of comments, but when you come to restore that image you cannot read the last two lines of comments. Can someone confirm this please?

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

no its not your machine, that happens to me too.

if you want to see the last 2 lines then just press 'next' when you select the image, it will show you the last 2 lines at the bottom of the GUI.

another way is by using the built-in image explorer. once you select the image to explore, just click 'tools' at the top and then select 'properties', you should now be able to see more than 4 lines of the description.

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks

It is still the same when clicking Next, but the Explore Image does work but a cumbersome way to achieve it. Not as simple a ATI 9 but they have messed that up in the latest version.

4. treehouse786

i will send a ticket to LSOFT to see if they can sort it out.

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

That would be good.

I have already written to them a few days ago but so far no reply. Makes me wonder that if they are bad about sales enquiries where does that leave you as a customer?

Look forward to their reply

6. treehouse786

they seem to respond pretty fast for me, are you using the customer login page to create the support tickets? if not then they will prioritize paying customers first. if you did use the customer log in page then i dont know what the delay is about.

edit- make sure you send the support ticket to technical support department and not sales enquiry

7. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

No I did'nt - just emailed sales. I will try and see if I can contact support.

8. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have had a reply back - which is good turn around, as follows:-

9. treehouse786

yeah i received a similar reply :thumb:

but one has to wonder, why the need for more than 4 lines of description? :eek:

lol

10. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I just use the C drive for the O/S and essential programs, so basically as a baseline image. When I try out software I un-install it by restoring the image. If I decide to keep something then it is installed on the baseline and I store a record of what I have done. That way I can go back to some point in the past. It also prevents the registry growing with rubbish and have found that if the image is de-fragged first then it remains as such and there is not much need to de-fragg.

Sometimes it may one or two lines, sometimes more.

11. treehouse786

ah ok, similar to what i use Active@ for :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.