Quality Security Software - Which one?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by AaLF, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Feb 20, 2005
    I need a program that can secure files / drives by making them invisible & protected. A bad experience has made me wary of freebies.

Who are the front runners here?
  2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I've noticed some people using a program called PC Security from www.tropsoft.com which allows you to protect data.
  3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Jun 16, 2005
    I also use PC Security, mainly because it was so practical. There are alot of similar softwares like PC Security, but they weren't convenient enough.
    I lock my data partition[D:] via the PS-icon (right and left mouse-click) and then a password and that's it. I use the same procedure to unlock my data partition.

Locking means : no reading, no writing, no stealing, no access at all to the locked partition. The locking is immediately and doesn't require a reboot or waiting time, like other similar software did.
    I also asked the developer to "hide" the partition and he will consider it.
    At this moment, the "hide" feature is only possible for folders, not the complete partition.

I lock my data partition, when I do "dangerous" stuff, that might hurt my data partition, like surfing on the internet or trying softwares from an unknown source.
    I'm not really afraid of destroying my data, because I have a backup of my data.
    I'm afraid of infected data and if I don't see it in time and backup the infected data, everything is infected.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.