Q about Updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bizadi, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I just purchased NOD last Saturday (3/11) and the d/l & install went fine. It updated me to version 1.1439 of the virus sig. database (20060311) after the install on 3/11 but there have been no updates since then. I have ticked the "Automatic update" box. When I click "Update now" (manual) it offers me version 1.1441 (20060313) [this just happened today as I am typing]. Shouldn't I be getting a popup or something every couple of hours or so? I think that I may just be so used to the Kaspersky update window appearing every 3 hours (I have uninstalled KAV, btw). Also, I never trialled NOD because of all the great reviews, especially at Spyware Warrior.

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Cehck NOD32 System Tools -> Scheduler and see if Regular automatic updates is enabled. This should check every hour if there is any update on the server.

And then to see when NOD has been updated go to NOD32 System Tools -> nod32 System setup -> General and untick the Enable silent mode. You will see a baloon popup in the right corner of the screen when NOD is updated

3. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Well, I had been getting regular & automatic updates until today. In System Tools > Scheduler the following are ticked:

Regular (Repeatedly, every 1 hour{s})
    Automatic (Dial-up connection, every 1 hour{s})

Automatic, User Logon is not ticked.

When I tried a manual update today I get a balloon saying that version 1.1450 (20060318 ) from March 18 is up to date. Do I have a setting conflict? Should I un-tick Automatic (Dial-up connection) as I am only connected intermittently and sometimes not for a couple of days?

Also, Enable silent mode is un-ticked (has been for almost a week).

4. denno

denno Registered Member

I just formatted my computer - and reinstalled Nod32 and seem to be having similar trouble above. That is, below

I noticed mine hadn't automatically updated after I had finished reinstalling. I checked the Information field in NOD32 and sure enough it had January 11 and some other details about the virus database version. After clicking manually update, "Your version of NOD32 is up to date! No update necessary.. or something"

Last update <unknown>
    Version of virus sig database: 1.1361 (20060111)

I have double checked I copied the username and password from my orginal purchase email - that seems correct (and I gather it's accept it because like above, when I hit manually update, it doesn't give any error - other than to say my version is up to date! which clearly it is not.)

Other than this small issue, I have to say it is a very neat program. Small, but powerful. And it doesn't take a cray to run.

I will see when I get home if it is updating properly, otherwise I will have to call support.

5. denno

denno Registered Member

Well I'll be damned!

Just as I posted the above, I thought I might try once more (about 10 tries so far, spread out over a few minutes) and sure enough it worked, and is now updating.

Excellent!

</kills the alarm switch>

6. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I'm still stuck at March 18 v1.1450. I hate to say it, but Kaspersky did a much smoother job of updating than NOD, for me at least. I never had a question as to whether it would or when or anything.

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have only started to have update problems too :(
    Normally NOD has updated before I even know there is an update but the last update I had to run update now several times before NOD updated.
    I am trying for the recent one at the moment but NOD tells me I am updated 1.1454 (should be 1.1455)

I have never had update issues before but now they seem to be delayed to my servers :'(

Edit: just arriving now :)

8. Spyro

Spyro Registered Member

my update blocked a 1.1450 :blink: :(
    solution ?
    my version licensed....

Thank

9. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Solution? Wait untill the server gives you the update. There's a large update today, so the servers are slow. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.