push only config to nod32 clients from RAS

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by landan, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landan

landan Registered Member

Hi,

How can I push the client config file to NOD32 v3 Business installations on my domain when those clients are not connected to my RAS. Can I even do this or do I have to go around my PC's and set the RAS manually on each client.

I have searched the forum and not found an answer.

Thanks in advance.
    Landan.

2. guest

guest Guest

Yes they need to be on the RAS for Config.xml files to be pushed. If not you can easily setup a login script to set the correct registry entries to get them to talk to the RAS. No need to walk to each computer.

3. landan

landan Registered Member

A registry script sounds exactly what I need.

My next question will be what is the registry entry I need to change? :)

Thanks for your quick response.

4. guest

guest Guest

Search for RAClientServer under HKLM.

5. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

In former versions it was possible to publish configuration updates via update mirror. Good 4 clients, which can't connect to RAS oder aren't in Domain.
    Don't know, if this works in V3

6. davekempe

davekempe Registered Member

I have tried config.xml in the mirror for v3, but it doesnt work.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to reconfigure v3 from a mirror? It would really help us - we want to deploy updates on a CD, and have the initial install get its updates from disk, then have that update location reconfigure the client to point to our update mirror. Is this possible?

7. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Just take your XML-file, rename it to cfg.xml (important) and place it together with the MSI-file and it will automatically read the configuration during installation.

/Preben

8. davenet

davenet Registered Member

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I saved the config from one I had modified using the Remote Administrator. I then copied that cfg.xml file along with the eavbe_nt32_enu.msi into the same directory. From there I ran the install (msi) file. But the installer doesn't pick up any of the settings. It seems to run as it would normally. Am I missing some steps in creating my custom installation package?

9. davenet

davenet Registered Member

OK, I take that back. It did work. After I installed it, I looked through the configuration tree and found it was correct. Sorry for the false alarm.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.