Push Install Windows 7

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by unclep4ul, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclep4ul

unclep4ul Registered Member

Hi, I am trying to do a push install of NOD 32 version 4 to a windows 7 machine.

I keep getting the following error : Could not install ESET Installer on target computer (SC error code 11, GLE error code 5).

I have turned off Window Firewall and am using the Domain Administrator account to perform the install.

Code:
    Computer:	C-eb
    Domain:	D01
    Get Info Diagnostics, server: C-PLD, user: administrator
    	Setting IPC$ Connection	Result Code: 0	(The operation completed successfully.)
    	Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info)	Result Code: 53	(The network path was not found.)
    	Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info)	Result Code: 53	(The network path was not found.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: S-sql1, user: administrator
    	Setting ADMIN$ Connection	Result Code: 0	(The operation completed successfully.)
    	Copying ESET Installer	Result Code: 0	(The operation completed successfully.)
    	Setting IPC$ Connection	Result Code: 0	(The operation completed successfully.)
    	Registering ESET Installer as a Service	Result Code: 5	(Access is denied.)
    Can anybody advise me what I can do to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does configuring the ERAS service to run in the domain admin account instead of the local system account (default) and restarting the service make a difference?

3. unclep4ul

unclep4ul Registered Member

That worked perfectly, thank you very much Marcos!

4. JoTho

JoTho Registered Member

I get the same error but we do not have a domain and thus no domain admin account to use. Is there a need to have matching accounts on ERAS server and workstation? Thanks.

5. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Try disabling UAC

6. JoTho

JoTho Registered Member

Ok, thanks. I found that UAC alone did not allow the Upgrade option to work. I had to also set the Network to 'Work' from 'Public' AND Turn Firewall off on Private networks. After those changes 2 Win7 workstations upgraded. To not have to turn off the FW isn't it port 2222 or 2223 that needs to be opened? Thanks.

7. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

From the ERA manual:

http://download.eset.com/manuals/eset_era_4_userguide_enu.pdf - Page 10

:)

8. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

9. hinomara

hinomara Registered Member

Hi.
    Happy to see that you have solved your problem... but unfortunately I'm just now having the exact same problem, when pushing install to Windows 7 machines, i try to push using a domain administrator.
    Can you tell me what you did?

Tks

10. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Rather than pushing as Domain Admin, which account is your ERAS service running under? Can you try with it running under the domain admin account?

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.