Push Install and Default Logon use = awfuly bad

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by BedreAntivirus, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BedreAntivirus

BedreAntivirus Registered Member

why do RAC allways ask you about login username and password even when you have put it in default logon?

and push installer needs to stop using windows installer and use something else, most of the problems are related to windows installer like the 1603 error that 99.99% pops up

i have a setup of 4 clients and a server, and RAC is awful, i cant see how RAC will work with even 20 clients

50% of my clients gets eset uninstalled and NOT installed eset antivirus.. how can this be secure?

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

as per the text in RAC, the stored username/password is only for Email/script (i.e. PULL) installations, not push installs.

If you select a whole block of machines then push install to them, you only have to enter the logon details once, not for every machine.

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello BedreAntivirus

When you install it's Windows that's challenging you for your credentials, not ESET.

There's a pretty steep learning curve to be able to be able to really understand the ERA. I don't know if I would go that way knowing that to install those 5 machines locally would take about an hour.

BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.