Pulling out my hair

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Traumattizing, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traumattizing

Traumattizing Registered Member

Ok, came across spywareblaster through Spybot S&D, installed it and everything else. I have a question...well maybe a couple.

It says spywareblaster doesnt scan or clean for spyware, but rather stops them from ever getting there in the first place, so does that mean that if spyware is already on your computer spywareblaster is not going to help you?

The reason I have Spybot S&D and went and got Spywareblaster is my homepage keeps getting hijacked (c:searchpage), and I keep getting re-routed whenever I try to type in a web address (something with 'spyder' in it).
    I've run S&D a couple hundred times and it comes up with the same spyware every time, more importantly "common hijacker". No matter how many times I immunize myself and remove the spyware it shows up again and again. I've protected myself with Spywareblaster as well and still got hijacked....can someone help me out here??

I moved your post to where it will get the attention it needs. bigc

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2004
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As background, SpywareBlaster is basically an extensive addition to the Immunize function in Spybot. It uses the same type of prevention techniques, but it provides many additional definitions than are contained just in Spybot alone, which is why it is recommended by Spybot.

Now the Immunize in Spybot and the protections of SpywareBlaster do prevent a lot of spyware, but unfortunately not all types. There are many types of bad spyware out there. The best way to find out what is wrong on your system is to post a HijackThis Log in our spyware review forum section.

The explanation of how to do this is here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.