proxy  wipes out all BB's

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by snowman, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Guest

GENERAL NOTICE

well seems like I really did it this time.  After cleaning out numerous listings in my proxy suddenly I can't access this BB nor any other BB......can't even read the post...nor access the posts......only by totally disabling my proxy am I placing this notice.

so to all my new found friends here at the BB...unless I can locate whats causing the problem I wont be posting for awhile.  

my very best wishes to one and all........the past few weeks have been totally enjoyable sharing with each person here............due to some very personal family problems I've been under trememdous stress....an it was relaxing to come to the BB....

hopefully I'll locate the problem soon.

warm regards

snowman

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Good luck, Snowman - we'll have your pipe and slippers waiting for you!

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi snowman,

Best wishes to your family and yourself !

And I hope you can repair your proxy settings.

It's always a pleasure to have you on the board !

Take care, Jan.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

snowman - I rarely bother with a proxy and I've yet to experience any untoward effects from that pratice.

Hope those family problems get straightened out (heck, throw everyone in the car and come to Pete's house!) and let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Pete

5. snowman

snowman Guest

Have got the Ye Ole Computer back-up....had some major issues plus the proxy problem

Say,, that was super great of you guys to express your concern......thats very special to me an so much appreciated.....thank you.

well I had to completely remove all filtered url's from the proxy....just disabling them seperately would not work.....so instead of turning off the filter entirely I just removed them....(an relocated them to another filtering program).......now this was very strange...certainly this BB wasn't in the filter list...in fact no BB was...an yet I tryed accessing several to no avail.
    ......even stranger is that those same filters are still in place only in another program...........an stranger yet is that the url's were all at least three months old.....an never had enconutered a problem prior to this incident.

another problem was a drop in resourses by 25-30 persent.....resourses went to zero several times...this appears to have been caused by CacheBooster by <anologX>  which either wasn't compatable with my os, or I had config incorrectly.  just un-installing the program did not solve the problem...had to manually return the proper settings.

Also...in the registry was an unknown software listing...<Difinition Software>....which was acquired during a visit to windowsupdate (no downloads were made by me at that time)  this has now been removed.

also...in IE trusted zone was an entry for(outertrack.com).....I've no idea how this got there.

anyways...resourses are back to 56% free running several security programs and os.....GDI is 78% .......so I can live with this athough I prefer if resourse were 65%...free......but this is a winME...am not sure if I can get it back into that range with the number of resourse hogs I use......

PETE

over the years you have always been a wonderful friend......meeting you opened a new world for me..the internet.....if not for you I would not even have continued using a computer an certainly would not even know part of what I now know........thank you

the family problems are due to illness...only time will tell how this goes.

an personally I am ready make some major changes in my own life.......I've grown tired of the financial worlds....the corruption runs very deep there..so I am considering returning to construction work...I have several blue collar skills...an much prefer that to white collar work.

well I'm rambling so best end this....

Thanks my friends for being there as friends...its a real pleasure to know and associate with you.

Warm Regards

Snowman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.