Protection?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marco48, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco48

Marco48 Registered Member

Re: Um, Protection?

I just spent $150 to have viruses removed that ESET Nod 32 Antivirus totally missed and which really were screwing me up. Here's the killer: my other computer on the network, also Windows 7 but with free Avast, had no infections. Am I supposed to renew my subscription knowing that?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Whatever AV you are using make sure you keep it updated, it and OS and block scripting in your browser. Otherwise you might have to spend more shekels

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Re: Um, Protection?

There are thousands of people that have had the exact same anecdotal experience with any AV product you care to name. You're chasing a mythical unicorn if you think you can jump from one product to another and have 100% protection with a single means of protection. Keeping your software up to date, leaving UAC on or using restricted user accounts, and enabling DEP/SEHOP are all far more important measures that help stop malware from getting a foothold on the system in the first place. And then keep proper backups for when things do go wrong.

Eset's products provide extremely good protection from a statistical standpoint, while keeping a small resource footprint. That's why lots of businesses and individuals use and recommend it. Your license subscription entitles you to technical support that would have assisted with the removal of these viruses; no one forced you to go out of your way to pay someone else to remove them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.