Protection offered by ewido-guard ?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Defenestration, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I still deciding which AT/AM solution to go for, and wanted confirmation of exactly what ewido-guard does. I know that it scans files exe files when launched, but does ewido-guard do...

1) Memory scanning for detecting any modified variant of a particular build of a trojan ?

2) Registry scanning for detecting traces of trojans in the registry ?

3) Inifile scanning for detecting traces of trojans in configuration files ?

4) Port scanning for detecting open trojan ports ?

5) Anything else it does in real-time ?

2. Defenestration

After reading the features page of the ewido website (which I didn't do before cos I was being lazy :) ), I discovered that it definitely does (1) and probably does (2) in real-time, but may not do (3) and (4).

How often does the ewido guard check the memory and registry ?

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

p.s. that means all new processes too (active memory, processes ..) ...

I do think that Ewido protects against active registry remnants like "malware startup objects" and their traces .. but only if Ewido has sigs for those traces .. which is quite normal afaik .. being Ewido sig scanner ..

4. Defenestration

Thanks Infinity. I found that bit myself on the technology page after a bit more reading.

I would like still like someone from ewido to confirm exactly what ewido guard does though, when they've got a free moment. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.