Proper setup for my location

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by twinstead, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twinstead

twinstead Registered Member

I am brand new to ESET, in fact I am using a 5 user temp licence to simulate what kind of setup I will have when I go live.

Here's what I have set up: I have 3 locations, an HQ, a plant in Texas, and a plant in Mexico. I have a parent ESET server in HQ which I have set up replication with a child server in Texas and a child server in Mexico and created a policy I want ALL clients, in every location, to get with the exception of the server they connect to and their mirror server but keep everything else the same. I then altered the policies on the 2 children servers to assign those values to their clients.

The policy manager of the parent shows the server policies of the 2 children as child polices, and it appears the child policies are inheriting the policies of the parent (HQ) properly.

A couple questions. 1, is this a good way to set this up? 2, how do I make sure new clients in the children servers get the child server's policy (the ones that tell them to connect to their server in their network instead of the parent server), because when I install a new client in the child locations they seem to get confused about what server they should report to. In fact, when I installed a client in Mexico it started communicating with the parent server, and when I changed its policy to the mexico server it appears twice in my client list on the parent, once as a member of the mexico server, and once in as a member of the HQ server.

ESET is a great program, and I'm going to migrate away from my current solution, but some of it can be confusing. Any help in the way to setup my situation would be helpful, especially in the best way to push installation packages out into Texas and Mexico and have them get the correct policies from the beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.