Prompted to register

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jito463, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jito463

Jito463 Registered Member

I'm using the beta version of AppDefend for x64 (RegDefend is disabled). I bought it for one specific purpose, so I could monitor outbound network traffic without buying a firewall for my system. That may seem like overkill, but a firewall would have been an unnecessary drain on my system resources, and I like to run my machine lean. I have a hardware firewall (router) for my inbound, and this to monitor outbound. Anyway, on to the problem. I bought a site license for AD so I could use it on both of my computers. I have RD disabled because I don't need it's functionality. However, even after inputting my code and verifying it was registered, I keep getting prompts to buy AD or RD (yes, even after several reboots). As I stated, I already own AD, and RD is disabled so I don't know why it keeps asking me to buy them. The link below shows that the program knows it is registered, but it still prompts me to purchase.

http://rockent.brinkster.net/images/register.png

I would uninstall RD since I don't use it, but I don't see how without removing both. But even though RD isn't registered (but is disabled), that doesn't explain why AD would keep prompting me since it IS registered. Any thoughts anyone?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the prompt is for regdefend.

although theyre bundled together u need separate license for regdefend/appdefend.

does seem unecessary since u keep regdefend disabled tho.

3. Jito463

Actually, I get prompted for both (at different times, though).

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

this issue has been reported before and Jason says its a bug. idk if its been fixed yet tho.
    if u have more questions, id contact jason.

5. Jito463

So basically there's nothing I can do right now until a new version is released. Well, as long as I know that it's a known bug and it's being fixed, I can live with it for now. Thanks for the help, WSFuser.

6. Jito463

Well, this is interesting. Since I posted this, I got it a few more times, and then it stopped completely. I didn't change anything, nor did I update (because when I try to update the program, it downloads the 32-bit update and not the 64-bit beta). I'm guessing somehow he's able to control the frequency of prompts through the website (maybe it queries the server for how many times to promopt). In any case, it's stopped now.

7. Jito463

Turns out it hadn't come back because I haven't rebooted my computer in a month. I had to reboot a couple times today and it came back each time. Hopefully it only does it at reboot now, though. Before it happened much more frequently. Popping up at reboot I can live with (even though it really shouldn't prompt me at all).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.