Proliant 1600 RAID 5

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by just007, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just007

just007 Registered Member

Hello,

I have a Compaq Proliant 1600 server that has 5, 9.1 Gb hard-drives running RAID 5 configuration. I am going to replace the 9.1 Gb drives with 5, 18 Gb drives in RAID 5 configuration. Here are some details about the server. The Proliant 1600 is running Windows 2000 Server, the RAID 5 is configured with the following partitions: C: Maintenance - Windows 2000 Server is installed, D: Production - Windows 2000 Server is installed, and E: Data. The C: partition is only used to restore D: and E: if they were to become corrupt and could not be fixed. The server runs off of the D: partition. I would like to know if Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows would copy over the current partition configuration to the larger drives.

Thank you,
    just007

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello just007,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/).

You will be able to clone your RAID 5 to another drive. Please get to the "Clone Disk" wizard and follow the instructions. After you press the "Proceed" button you will be asked to reboot the computer. After you reboot please wait till the cloning is completed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.