Programmers...what Calculator and Hex Editor do you use?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WYBaugh, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYBaugh

WYBaugh Registered Member

I am curious to get everyone's opinion on something very trivial...a good programmers calculator and hex editor.

I have trialed every calculator that I can find on the web and am not satisfied with a single one. If anyone actually uses another software calculator outside of Windows pre-packaged one, I would like to hear your opinion of the program.

Also, can anyone sway me towards ECS HexEditor compared to WinHex or Hexworkshop? I currently own Hexworkshop, and yes, he just upgraded, but he let the product sit idle for a couple of years and then adds a few new features...and bam...pay me some more money for an upgrade. ECS HexEditor looks good, but is a one man show and he is very slow on any upgrades. WinHex is updated constantly...but they are very proud of their product (the cost!!)

Thanks for anyones opinions!

Bill

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hex Workshop and calc for windows. calc.exe is suitable for most of my tasks, it lacks a few things I would like, like a calculation history and right shifting (sort of odd since they have left shifting in there)

-Jason-

3. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi,

Give a try to the calculator in TweakUI for XP v2
    Hex Workshop too.

Rgds,

4. CARCHARODON

CARCHARODON Registered Member

I use an old version of A.X.E.

http://jbrowse.com/products/axe/index.shtml

Version 2.1 was freeware. The new version 3.* costs $25.

I don't make heavy use of a hex editor so the old version works great for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.