Program/s to disable background services, pls...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Just wondering if you know some program/s that can safely disables un-needed background windows services (and other services...) temporarily and turn it on again, and that it works both in admin and limited accts.

I have already tried Game Booster, but the problem is... it didn't worked in the Limited Acct. :p ..did you know how to make it work in LUA so that I can use it?

Maybe, this kind of program are designed specifically for gamings, but I guess it can also be used when using programs other than games.

2. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

3. hpmnick

hpmnick Registered Member

Why not run sevices.msc by shift-right click, Run As? You could also make a batch file that uses the sc command... and then run that as an administrator.

Also, using Run As, you probably could use your other software to do what you need it to do in a limited account..

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I used to use services.msc or sc or even net. SC and NET are great to automate or quickly get something done without opening GUI.

I found a program called pserv a few years ago. It is by far my favorite services utility. It exports your current configuration and allows you to import the saves, so you can experiment and restore if needed, among other things.

Sul.

EDIT: oh, I see you want to toggle services. Follow hpmnicks advice on using a .bat file and the sc command. I do things like this all the time, although I do it from a run box. Nice thing about using the run box, once you type it in, if you use it all the time, you don't need to clutter your desktop with icons, as the entry exists in the run box and is easy to bring up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.