Program Component Update Question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by delta7, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delta7

delta7 Registered Member

Hi,

I was previously using v4.2.40 (64bit) and when I recently visited the eset website I found that v4.2.58 was available.

Ideally I would like Nod32 to inform me when an update is available as most of my other applications do. Nod32 currently downloads the latest signature database and also recommends when there is a system update that may not have been downloaded but when there is a Nod32 update there was no indication.

After looking through the Help, I saw the detail about the Advanced update section but I cannot get it to work. My username and password are correctly configured and I have the following set:

Ask before downloading program components
    Offer computer restart if necessary
    Ask before downloading update

However following this I did not receive any indication that v4.2.58 was available.

When I checked the settings I found that the Ask before downloading update option had been disabled.

After further testing, it seems that if I enable Ask before downloading update, click the OK buttons and then go back to the Advanced setup, the Ask before downloading update option has been disabled.

In the end I downloaded v4.2.58 and upgraded. However the same problem with the Ask before downloading update option disabling itself occurs in v4.2.58.

Is there some other setting I need to enable notification of new updates? Is there any way to permanently enable the Ask before downloading update option?

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Explained here.

3. delta7

delta7 Registered Member

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand the points made and I hope that the potential notifications in v5, as quoted below, are realised since it would at least inform people of updates in a more convenient manner.

Can you comment on the unusual behaviour of the Ask before downloading update option? i.e. is there any way to enable it permanently? It always seems to be re-set to disabled if I go back to the advanced set up screen? I'm not sure if its a bug that resets the current value to disabled when entering the screen (i.e. it had actually been set from the previous use of the advanced screen).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.