Product recommendation

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by johncesta, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johncesta

johncesta Registered Member

I teach computers at my kid's school. I have about 14 computers in the lab. I would like to be able to lock them down. I want to only allow certain programs to run and prevent running other programs and utilities such as the ability to change desktop settings: screensaver, background etc.

It would also be nice to prevent running anything in the control panel.

Is this something that Process Guard can do?

Or is there another program someone could recommend for my situation?

Thanks,

John Cesta

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi johncesta, Most of what you want to do is already available within windows providing you are running W2K or above. Look in the Administration help and user privileges.

Process Guard is exactly that, it protects running processes and also sees any changes made to .exe's, PG also has the ability to stop any new programs or changed programs from running with pass word protection. :)

HTH Pilli

3. johncesta

I downloaded the demo installed it on a little Windows 2000 pro machine. When I run it a dialog box pops up and says: Make sure you installed the program correctly. I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly, I mean it did all the work all I did was click the mouse.

Maybe I should install it again?

John

4. johncesta

I have reinstalled PG. Seems to work now. I don't see any feature that allows me to stop any program from running and also to use password protection.

Is that feature in the production version of PG only?

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Johncesta, The full version includes pasword protection and a tick box that will stop any new or changed programs from running, not sure about the trial version.

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

The free version has all the "Execution" stuff in it, blocking/allowing and block all new and changed. So it could be suitable, but we highly recommend you look at PG 3.0 when released (hopefully in about a week)

In any case, if you want to purchase, email sales(at)diamondcs.com.au for a quote being an educational institution :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.