Process Guard GUI not visible at startup

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Frieza, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frieza

Frieza Guest

Occasionally when my (XP SP2) computer has been rebooted I do not see the Process Guard GUI in this version 3 Beta 2. There used to be a startup entry with the ''-minimise'' switch but I no longer see this. I used Asviewer to try to find out where Process Guard is supposed to start up from but couldn't see anything here either so please help me fix this very minor issue.

(the GUI is not hidden due to inactivity either)

If I know how this version of Process Guard auto starts I could fix it. Thanks

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi Frieza :). Sounds like somehow the GUI aspect of Process Guard (C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\procguard.exe) has somehow been removed from the Startup folder....see screeny.

Try creating a shortcut of procguard.exe (C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\procguard.exe) and putting it in the Startup folder. You may also have to add the -minimize switch again.

Regards,
    Jade.

Attached Files:

3. Frieza

Frieza Guest

Thanks Bowserman. lol this did not work at first though because the Process Guard GUI was maximised at start up and then I noticed you spelt the word ''minimize'' and I had spelt it as ''minimise''

Also, I think one of my security software blocked the Process Guard addition to the start up folder and that is why it appeared deleted. All is ok now so thx.

4. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

You're welcome :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.