Problems with TrueImageTerminal.exe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alterx, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alterx

Alterx Registered Member

Hello.

I've just downloaded the trial version of TrueImage Enterprise Server. I'm evaluating to use the software to manage the backup of 4 different servers and one of this is a Domain Controller under Windows 2003 Server (all the servers have dynamic disks in raid software configuration).

I'd like to use batch file and TrueImageTerminal.exe togheter 'cause i have to stop some services before running a full backup.

This is my batch file (for the Domain Controller server)

@ECHO OFF
    :START
    taskkill /IM sismenu.exe
    net stop SQLSERVERAGENT
    net stop MSSQLSERVER
    net stop "Pervasive.SQL (relational)"
    net stop "Pervasive.SQL (transactional)"
    net stop ntfrs
    net stop netlogon

Start wait /dC:\progra~1\acronis\TrueIm~1 TrueImageTerminal.exe /progress /execute:c:\BackFULL.tis

net start MSSQLSERVER
    net start SQLSERVERAGENT
    net start "Pervasive.SQL (relational)"
    net start "Pervasive.SQL (transactional)"
    START /dD:\sistemi\SPRING_ES SISMENU.EXE /PR ESS /WS ZZ
    START /dD:\sistemi\SPRING_ES SISMENU.EXE /PR ESDS /WS ZY
    net start ntfrs
    net start netlogon

This is the .tis file (where Drive Z is a network mapped drive):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <backup>

<source letter=”C” />
    <source letter=”D” />

<target file="Z:\backFULL.tib" />

<options compression="Normal" incremental="false" description="Backup FULL Server nt02" />

</backup>

The problem is that when the batch file run TrueImageTerminal.exe the program hangs up and no action goes on (no harddisk activity and no new file in destination folder). the program is simply "freezed"....

Am i wrong in something?

Thanks for your attention.

Andrea

P.s. Sry for my english... i hope i have explained the problem :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please be aware that you can use the Database Support option of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows for these purposes. Please take a look at the section 5.11 of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide.

If you still experience this issue then please collect this files (the batch file and .tis) and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  3. Alterx

Alterx Registered Member

Thanks for your answer.

The main problem using database support is that it seems to run batch files before any operations inside a single scheduled task. So if i have to back up 5 disk togheter with a single task, the program seems to run the batch files 5 times stopping and starting services.

Is this correct or i'm doing some mistakes using database support?

Andrea

4. Acronis Support

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please describe your actions step-by-step?

Please clarify what exact disk you back up?

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. Alterx

Alterx Registered Member

Ok...

Here a backup job i've started today on a server test.

The disk i've tried to backup is a 160gb dynamic disk with 3 partitions (1 "utility" partition FAT16, 2 partitions ntfs).

The batch files llisted in database support are the following:

StopServ.bat

@ECHO OFF
    taskkill /IM eagdocw.exe
    taskkill /IM sismenu.exe
    net stop SQLSERVERAGENT
    net stop MSSQLSERVER
    net stop ntfrs
    net stop netlogon

StartServ.bat

@ECHO OFF
    taskkill /IM eagdocw.exe
    taskkill /IM sismenu.exe
    net stop SQLSERVERAGENT
    net stop MSSQLSERVER
    net stop ntfrs
    net stop netlogon

The backup job was scheduled to backup the whole disk.

Here the log file i received from ATI:

event code="504" id="11" "Pending operation 109 started: "Creating volume image""
    event code="120" id="12" "Starting the command before data capture: C:\batch\StopServ.bat"
    event code="122" id="13" "Execution of the before-data-capture command succeeded!"
    event code="121" id="14" "Starting the command after data capture: C:\batch\StartServ.bat"
    event code="123" id="15" "Execution of the after-data-capture command succeeded!"
    event code="504" id="16" "Pending operation 109 started: "Creating volume image""
    event code="120" id="17" "Starting the command before data capture: C:\batch\StopServ.bat"
    event code="122" id="18" "Execution of the before-data-capture command succeeded!"
    event code="121" id="19" "Starting the command after data capture: C:\batch\StartServ.bat"
    event code="123" id="20" "Execution of the after-data-capture command succeeded!"
    event code="504" id="21" "Pending operation 109 started: "Creating volume image""
    event code="120" id="22" "Starting the command before data capture: C:\batch\StopServ.bat"
    event code="122" id="23" "Execution of the before-data-capture command succeeded!"
    event code="121" id="24" "Starting the command after data capture: C:\batch\StartServ.bat"
    event code="123" id="25" "Execution of the after-data-capture command succeeded!"
    event code="6" id="26" "Operation has succeeded."

As you can see the batch files have been executed 3 times, each for every partition on the disk (if you have 3 or 4 disks with multiple partitions the batch files run several times according to that).

This is not the main problem anyway.....
    I'd like to use batch files instead that databse support 'cause i hope i can make incremental backups overwriting old files instead to see the number of incremental backups growing as when i run the scheduled jobs from gui interface.
    If i'm not wrong at the moment and with the evaluation product i can't set, for example, 1 weekly full backup and 1 daily incremental backup for the rest of the week and delete oldest files (in other words i want to save just 7 files a week for each server with 1 full backup and 6 incremental renewing them week by week). in fact, If i use scheduled job i can't do that (or i wasn't able to do that :) ), if i use batch files and trueimageterminal.exe, though, i hope i can do that 'cause incremental backups inside the batch file will have specific names for each day of the week and this is the way i will overwrite old files (Monday.tib will be overwrite from the next Monday.tib it will be created from the batch file... and so for each day of the week).

Hmmm..... Hope my english has been clear enough..... :doubt:

Thanks again for you attention.

Bye
    Andrea

6. Acronis Support

Hello Andrea,

Actually, the program should not start/stop the batch file several times.

Could you please provide us with the log file that you have mentioned above?

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the log;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Collect the log.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected log file to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.