Problems with TI Home and Nod32

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ghines, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Hi,

TI Home Build 4932 and Nod32 version 2.7 running on XP Prof. X64.

Every time I start TI it just locks up my computer. If I stop the Nod32 service (nod32krn.exe) TI runs just fine.

Have noticed a few posts about similiar issues but no solutions.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Greg

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

You could always try excluding trueimage, that might solve the problem.

3. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Hi,

Have tried excluding TI and the backup file(s) location with the same result.

Greg

4. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Any suggestions anyone?

TIA

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Since it sounds like NOD32 is the culprit you may want to post the issue in there forums or disable it before you run TI.

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

No problems here with NOD32 2.7 and ATI v10-4942. NOD32 was co-existed with acronis for a couple years with no problems--but mine is not 64 bit.

You might try un-installing ATI. Shutdown NOD32 and then re-install without NOD32 being active.

7. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Have just installed the same versions of NOD32 and ATI on a 32 bit version of XP Prof and there's no problems running ATI. Hence it seems the problem is related to XP's 64 bit version.

The question is now, who's problem is it Acronis or Eset? You can bet each company will say it's the other one problem, but at the end of the day I still have a problem that needs to be fixed.

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Since the 32-bit version is OK, it's the 64-bit XP that could be to blame, so you have three companies who might be to blame.

The obvious answer is to upgrade to Vista.:D

9. ghines

ghines Registered Member

Upgrading to Vista is not an option for me, and who's to say the problem will still not exist with Vista X64.

10. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I was joking about the upgrade, but I just wanted to point out that the problem might be the OS and not with TI or NOD32.

11. ghines

ghines Registered Member

OK, point taken.

However I still require a solution to this problem.

Anyone?

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ghines,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.