Problems with TI 11 Trial

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by habanr, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habanr

habanr Registered Member

Hi, I've downloaded TI11 trial to evaluate whether is TI usable for me. I installed it, but I experience strange behavior:
    1) "hide" and "un-hide" of user interface dialogbox during backup can freeze backup service. It seems that it works, but it doesn't - It must be manually stopped...
    2) The incremental partition backup planned on "system shutdown" is frozen and never finished... The same behavior as in 1)

3) I tried "Rescue CD". The graphical bootloader wasn't able to find mouse from Microsoft wireless laser desktop 6000 v2 - keyboard connected to the same wireless receiver worked. In the TI application launched from the bootloader mouse worked I was able to restore files even, but it crashed on application exit with exception - on the top of the exception stack was "nv_reboot_handler [forcedeth]", i tried to reboot by CTRL+ALT+DEL but it caused "Kernel Panic". I'm afraid to use "Rescue CD" to do routine partition restores because of the exceptions. It seems that used Linux kernel has problems with integrated nVidia networkcards - my mainboard is ASUS K8N with nForce3.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello habanr,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Backup software.

Let me ask several questions consequently according to the enumerations used. This would let us make the situation clearer and provide you with the solution.

1) Could you please clarify what do you mean saying "hide" and "un-hide"? Maybe you mean "minimize" - "maximize"? Could you also clarify what type of backup did you perform during "(un)hiding" GUI (here I mean disk/partition, data, applications settings or e-mail backup)? Whether backup is run manually or by schedule?
    2) Could you please tell us what Operating system do you run under?
    3) As for "nv_reboot_handler [forcedeth]" error message you can simply ignore it as it does not affect backup/restore process.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. habanr

habanr Registered Member

>1) Could you please clarify what do you mean saying "hide" and "un-hide"? >Maybe you mean "minimize" - "maximize"? Could you also clarify what type of >backup did you perform during "(un)hiding" GUI (here I mean disk/partition, >data, applications settings or e-mail backup)? Whether backup is run manually >or by schedule?
    You have a "hide" button on the dialog box that "monitors" the progress of e.g backup. By the "hide" button the dialog can be minimized to the system tray. If I "cycle" between hidden state on the tray and maximized state several times the backup process become frozen. The backup is also frozen during backup scheduled on system shutdown. I tried to make "full + incremental" partition backup...

2) Could you please tell us what Operating system do you run under?
    My system is Windows XP SP3 Eng, eset smart security, superantispyware (realtime monitoring not activated)

4. habanr

habanr Registered Member

I've discovered another danger behavior. I tried to restore registry files "system" "sam" into a folder on the healthy local ntfs disk using rescue CD and I ended with corrupted unaccessible folder that can't be deleted even after checkdisk...
    I consider TI 11 danger product and I'm going to buy ShadowProtect desktop... Goodbye

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When in doubt, RTFI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.