Problems with Screen Resolution and System Restore

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Stuey_Scouse, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuey_Scouse

Stuey_Scouse Registered Member

Hi hope this is the correct section to post in. I bought my son a Tweenies (BBC) CD-Rom game at Christmas.

Since installing the game (and some Active X controls known as SmartBox.ocx and Regobj.dll that were bundled in with it) we have been suffering some bad problems with the screen resolution.

We normally use the original 960x600 pixel resolution but after installing the game about an inch of the screen (upto the end of the Windows "Start" button) on the left hand side is constantly cut off and the colour looks extremely dark/drained in appearence.

This is the only size screen resolution that appears to have been affected the others are all fine (including the colour).

I have since uninstalled the game via Contol Panel but the problem still persists.

I have also tried doing a System Restore to an earlier date but the restore fails every time (despite the fact it always used to work in the past). I am very worried about this also.

Please help as I am getting rather frustrated not being able to fix it. All advice greatly appreciated.

2. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Have you tried updating your display adapter (assuming you're using Win XP)?

Right-click My Computer (desktop icon) => Properties => Hardware => Device Manager => Display Adapter (click the +) => "Name of adapter"

Right-click "Name of adapter" => Properties => Driver => Update Driver

Maybe the game needs a higher screen resolution (Eg: 1024x768 ) to display properly.

Put the files SmartBox.ocx and Regobj.dll in a password-protected zip and email it to newvirus@kaspersky.com. Include in the email body the zip password and a brief description of your problem.

thanatos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.