Problems with Panda Cloud URL Filter?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Antimalware18, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Hello

I switched from Bitdefender Free back to Panda Cloud because I couldnt stand that BDAV didnt ask you what to do with a infected file, the auto delte/quarantine is really to nerve racking for me, great product though.

So I re-installed Panda cloud free (I had before) and I don't know if this problem is only present for me (I know its not acctualy) but the URL filter Does NOT work. It shows Panda_URL_Filtering.exe*32 as running in task manager, but when I visit the Panda Url filter test site or Eicar, the url filter does not block the webpages, this is really quite a annoying problem and I have already reported the issue on the PCAV forums where another person is having the same issue.

see here:http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=65304&tstart=0

I really wanted to know if anyone else has had/is having this problem. what they did to bypass/fix it. and if anyone would perhaps know if the panda team has any plans on investigating this issue.

2. siketa

siketa Registered Member

K9 Web Protection does the better job. Try it instead of Panda.

3. Antimalware18

I tried K9 awhile ago on one of my family members computers, and while it worked and I liked it. Its not really my cup of tea. Panda's url filtering is amazingly strong...when it works. I really hope they can replicate this issue and fix it. I will post any system info/screenshots they want.

EDIT* Tested on several Links on Malc0de.com I checked the VT reports and everyone was detected by panda, And the URL filter worked, restarted the computer and tried the same links. The URL filter did NOT work.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  4. Antimalware18

Another EDIT* although I did this one in a different reply

Just re-tested links that were caught my url filter, then werent after a restart. They WERE caught this time, 30 min after a restart...I still consider this broken because the URL filter needs to work after the computer is done booting up.

thanks

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Have you considered visicom,s malware domain advisor?

6. Antimalware18

Hello

Thanks Beethoven, I just looked visicoms program up and from the pictures they show it looks like the original form on Panda URL Filter. because it says "Powered by panda" do you believe that this would be more...reliable?

7. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I too have found Panda's URL filter to be.. Sporadic..

No idea why.. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, and it really pisses me off that a security product would magically stop working for hours at a time! I found no solution for this... Sadly.

8. Antimalware18

atleast im not the only one! I am hoping that somelike Pbust could comment on this? maybe see if there is a fix in the pipeline, I know that Panda Cloud has amazing detection rates but lacking a web filter for hours at a time this is a gamble and a hole in a security setup...

9. Antimalware18

Alright, after multiple restarts and alot of waiting...the filter does come on, but only after 10-20 minutes if not longer. This is still not ideal and would like to hear from someone higher up the chain on the panda forums/here if they are investigating this...lag and about a possible fix.

10. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

:thumb: Yeah it does.

11. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Same program. Visicom is using Panda's antiphishing database.

12. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Yes, but you avoid installing full AV and then uninstalling components you don't need.
    ;)

13. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I've given up on Panda's URL scanner, it is far too unstable and sporadic to be useful.

Instead I have switched to MalwareBytes(hpHOSTS) along with Bullguard(Commtouch) which should be pretty amazing when combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.