Problems with ATIH 2009 french on Vista SP1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Frehaut Jean_Yves, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frehaut Jean_Yves

Frehaut Jean_Yves Registered Member

Hi,

I have two new problems with the Acronis True Image 2009 Home (French) release running with Vista SP1 OS on a Toshiba Satellite A200 Laptop PC;

It was correctly working with the old Acronis True Image 11 Home (French) :

- from a direct CD boot the ATIH 2009 System doesn't interprete correctly the french azerty characters set ( Azerty French / Qwerty English keyboards ) for the password input areas ( ATIH security area on disk password, Archive password done with the ATIH 11 release ... )

- the function TryAndDecide don't start with ATIH 2009 release. It was functionnal with the old ATIH 11 release ( sometimes only the error message : unassign memory reference at the first usage )

The ugrade to the last release from the Acronis web site don't solve these problems

Sorry for my bad english i am from a french mother langage country.

Best regards

Jean-Yves Fréhaut

jyfrehaut [at] yahoo.fr

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jean-Yves,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please clarify the following? Does it means that you are unable to get the access to the archive? The program doesn't accept the password, is that correct? Are you able to get the access to the archive under Windows?

Could you please describe in some words the abnormal behavior? Does any error message appear?

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Frehaut Jean_Yves

Frehaut Jean_Yves Registered Member

Hi, Oleg

I try to answer you queries :

1)
    Could you please clarify the following? Does it means that you are unable to get the access to the archive? The program doesn't accept the password, is that correct? Are you able to get the access to the archive under Windows?

The problem is from a direct CD boot usage of ATIH 2009 ( I don't try to restore the active system partition from the loaded partition ).

It's only a keyboard mismatch type from inside the ATIH 2009 sotfware from a direct execution from CD.

The french and the english keyboards are different.

A few letters are not assign at the same keys :
    ( when you input an english "Q" letter on an english keyboard you have "A" letter with the same french keyboard key, W give Z, ...
    A few french letters don"t exist in an english caracters set ( é, è, ê, î, ï .... )

in the past ( Dos ) it was possible to input this letters with using a combinaison of input keys : function keys <ALT> and the numeric code of the letter.

If you can input the correct letter ( for example you don't know the correct combinaison keys for the french letter "é" ), you can't input the correct password and you can't access the archive ( created with the previous release ATIH 11 ).

ATIH 11 and ATIH 2009 don't manage the french keyboard the same way when used from a direct CD Boot. ( one in french the other in english )

Could you please describe in some words the abnormal behavior? Does any error message appear?

When you try to exec this "Try an Decide" function with ATIH 2009 after a moment a small error message windows is opened with the french message error meaning 'unable to start'.

This function works fine with the previous release ATIH 11 ( only sometimes at the first launch the error message windows 'unsassign memory reference', if was always correct at the second launch

I am not blocked for these two problems i can for the moment use the old release ATIH 11

Best regards

Jean-Yves Fréhaut

jyfrehaut@yahoo.fr

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jean-Yves,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

I may recommend you download Safe Media of Acronis bootable disc create new bootable media and see if the issue persists. You can download Safe Media from your account under Registered Products.

Regarding the second issue make sure that Try&Decide service is running. Reinstall the software it should fix the problem. If the issue remains look at Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Search for Acronis Try and Decide Service, make sure it is started (right-click -> start), if it is started refresh it (right-click -> refresh).

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.